Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic says.

My gas light turns on at 80 miles everytime and when I fill it back up I only put 2.2 gallons. Is there something wrong with my new bike? Its 05 GSXR 600

·
Registered
213 Posts
i get about 150 out of my tank........05 600.........light comes on at 1.8 quarts according to the manual.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got 750. Light comes on at about 150. My manuel doesn't say how much is left when light comes on. Any ideas?

·
Registered
144 Posts
wat the hell I only get about 100 miles till my light comes on. On my 04 750 are u guys riding strit highways or somin casue 50 extra miles is a lot with Ny gas prices.

·
Registered
18 Posts
had the same problem first couple of fill ups on my 05 600. Just because the pump stops doesn't mean it's full. The black compression boots on the gas pump cause this problem because they reach too far down the tank. When the light comes on you gots about 1 to 1.5 gallons left so figure everytime you fill up shoot for the 3 gallon mark by holding the pump higher and watch not to overfill. Tank capacity is 4.5 gallons. I get around 150 miles before the light comes on also.

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh yeah, higher rpms mean more gas goes bye bye. in traffic or cruisin shift to a higher gear. i know, i love the way my bike sounds cruisin in first all over, but as already said, NY gas prices r ridiculous

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
wat the hell I only get about 100 miles till my light comes on. On my 04 750 are u guys riding strit highways or somin casue 50 extra miles is a lot with Ny gas prices.
they just ride like pussies

i get about 125 before the light comes on in my 750k4

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm at 140 when my light comes on (K5 750). Manual says 1.8 quarts is when the light comes on. I fill the talk to just even with the bottom of the filler opening and usually stuff 3.6 gallons in. That means my light is actually coming on with 1 gallon left. Better to have too much than too little I guess.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm at 140 when my light comes on (K5 750). Manual says 1.8 quarts is when the light comes on. I fill the talk to just even with the bottom of the filler opening and usually stuff 3.6 gallons in. That means my light is actually coming on with 1 gallon left. Better to have too much than too little I guess.
Me too around 140 .

·
Registered
210 Posts
I get around 130-140 before my light comes on. I ride it pretty hard though, a lot of whacking the trottle open hard and leaving her there. I have not done just cruisin' so I am not sure what the milage is when you just cruise with her. BTW i have an 04 750. i usually have my bike leaning when i fill her up, so i am sure I am not filling it up to the top.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
I get around 130-140 before my light comes on. I ride it pretty hard though, a lot of whacking the trottle open hard and leaving her there. I have not done just cruisin' so I am not sure what the milage is when you just cruise with her. BTW i have an 04 750. i usually have my bike leaning when i fill her up, so i am sure I am not filling it up to the top.
you actually get off.?? i would pull right up to the pump, slide the atm card and pump still sitting

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
70-100 miles per tank before the light comes on. (3.3 gal/avg.) If I baby it......... 110 miles.

·
Registered
210 Posts
you actually get off.?? i would pull right up to the pump, slide the atm card and pump still sitting
Yeah, read an article about why that was not a good idea. I forget why, but I remember that there were some good reason why you should not do that. To each his own.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yeah, read an article about why that was not a good idea. I forget why, but I remember that there were some good reason why you should not do that. To each his own.
Yup, mainly overfilling u r tank and having unpleasant smell of gasoline all over u r gear.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yup, mainly overfilling u r tank and having unpleasant smell of gasoline all over u r gear.
Yeah that is it, and also if there is enough to smell in your clothes and you walk static electricity can ignite the fuel in your clothes. A walking, human, match!! Not a very pleasant thought. I knew it was a really good reson I did not sit on the bike while filling up. hee hee!!!

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I don't understand. You have your feet on the ground, you're gonna have the same electrostatic potential wether you're on the bike with your feet on the ground or standing next to it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts