Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this topic has been beaten to death but i would like to know each and everyones opinion . In general, with a full system you must change the fuel setting to accocomadate the free gas flow, smooth running of the bike, and of course gain extra few ponies. im just afraid of using the PC right now as i heard couple of problems with it. shoot im a little paranoid here and might be listening to the wrong crowd. i know a few companies making those TRE , yoshi Cube etc etc. Should i wait till i get the best option for the bike?
Will ths affect my bike with a full system without a PC during the whole weekend track event? this will be the first time im riding without a PC. something new to me cause ive always had a jet kit on my old bike and PCs for my other bikes. just never thought about it.

anyway, have you guys heard about this:
http://www.bazzazperformance.com/bpd_ecu.html

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a pc on my k5 with no prob. I went with a micron serpent with schorched ti can. It has some backfireing un mapped but dyno charts with air fuel show it not to be terrable. still not ideal thow without full maping. A tre is just to smooth timing. It doesnt help air fuel.

·
Registered
334 Posts
SexfreakR6 wrote: by the way., are you guys using customs maps on your PC for your setup?
Nope....

And what the shit....Tonight I had problems w/ the bike. I enabled the Accelerator Pump and now when the bike goes past 10K the FI light comes on. I was using the Stock 'Revised' w/ the AP and then I switched ot the Stock w/ AP. Still did it. So I went w/ the Zero Map and No AP and now it's fine. I don't have the patience to deal w/ it tonight....so tomrrow I'll try to figure out if its' the maps or the AP.

bfn

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats the same exact reason i heard acouple guys with the same problems. Thats why im getting paranoid over this ...i know your not the first to have this issue in hand. let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
242 Posts
i ran a full akra on my r1 with no problems. it ran much better and had a higher trap speed in the 1/4 (ie.. more hp) but popped and cracked on decel. i am about to run my k5 without a map in it until i can get it tuned proper ina few weeks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
did you guys disconnect the wire for the set valve? or did you not remove it?

·
Registered
334 Posts
dpwracing wrote: Running an Akra with a PCIII and getting the FI error as well. Dynojet says they are working on a fix
Well at least I'm not the only one....

Now did you get the FI light when using the Accelerator Pump or did you get it by simply running a map from PC.com?

·
Registered
919 Posts
ressulsJ - sorry to hear about the pc3 problems - has anyone that's having this problem had a custom map done?

about full systems without pcs - please dont. Especially at the track, where you run full throttle/high rpms for so long. Everyone who's ever read one of these threads knows that the entire reason you need a power commander is to increase fuel flow to match the increased air flow that a new header allows - therefore without said fuel increase, you run the possibility of running lean/hot, and burning a valve, or worse, a piston.

That being said, the FI bikes have a certain amount of adjustability programmed in to deal with altitude/temp changes, and you PROBABLY will be ok, but i can safely say its a better idea to go back to stock or add the PC.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ressulsJ - sorry to hear about the pc3 problems - has anyone that's having this problem had a custom map done?

about full systems without pcs - please dont. Especially at the track, where you run full throttle/high rpms for so long. Everyone who's ever read one of these threads knows that the entire reason you need a power commander is to increase fuel flow to match the increased air flow that a new header allows - therefore without said fuel increase, you run the possibility of running lean/hot, and burning a valve, or worse, a piston.

That being said, the FI bikes have a certain amount of adjustability programmed in to deal with altitude/temp changes, and you PROBABLY will be ok, but i can safely say its a better idea to go back to stock or add the PC.
only one answered the way i wanted...just need a slap in the face. thanks

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
are you talking to me?? where? i remember a company in cullman but i can't remember thier site.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Find a shop near you that have a Factory EDDY dyno, They can TEKA turn you stock ECU for correect fuel mapping !!!
This sounds good, any more info? There's a place around here (4&6 racing) that makes their own fuel mapping box, wonder if this could be another option....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts