Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't mean to annoy anyone here. My anger is really directed at suzuki because i don't understand their method of reasoning or their taste in design/color selection at all. And this has gone on far too long. Engineering a bike is the hardest part. What's so difficult about applying a good looking paintwork or bodywork? here is the color they sell in the states.

In Canada and europe, they offer this.

As a die hard gixxer fan, i don't wanna pick over little things such as color or design taste but having to deal with suzuki's bland design and busy unattractive color choice for at least a decade now is too much. After aquiring my blue/white 05, a buddy of mine just rode in a black gixxer. I feel like an idiot because am stuck with my "busy two color tone" bike. Why don't they offer the one tone black color ? Honda,yamaha, ducati,etc can all design a visually appealing bike. I know alot of you will start with the poseur thing but come on people, It's not like suzuki has ever designed, or have a good looking sports bike in it's range. NOTHING visually stunnig to write home about; and visual appeal is as importants as reliability in a bike weather we choose to admit it or not. look at what kawasaki and yamaha has done with their sports bikes; just stunnig art works.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
The color problem has always been with these bike and I don't know why Suzuki makes these decisions. Personally every color should be available to the customer just like new cars and trucks.

You can always repaint the bike. Granted you shouldn't have too on a new one, but hey if you can flip the bill for a new bike why not just squirt some new color on to be different for a few more bucks.

·
Registered
980 Posts
It's your opinion. But to be honest the all black is available over here and it's damn dull. It looks like a sports-tourer to me.
It's a matter of taste. I do love the black/silver color.
I never had any suzukis before but these colors are ok to me.
Maybe Yamaha has a bit more fance colors but it doesn't look like a proper sportsbike to me anymore.
Taste is something strange.

Hell I don't like ANY glimming part on a bike. All those polished bits don't do any right to a bike. I want to see the technical complexity of a bike and not being covered in some thick layer of chrome.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
It's your opinion. But to be honest the all black is available over here and it's damn dull. It looks like a sports-tourer to me.
It's a matter of taste. I do love the black/silver color.
I never had any suzukis before but these colors are ok to me.
Maybe Yamaha has a bit more fance colors but it doesn't look like a proper sportsbike to me anymore.
Taste is something strange.

Hell I don't like ANY glimming part on a bike. All those polished bits don't do any right to a bike. I want to see the technical complexity of a bike and not being covered in some thick layer of chrome.
I've got the Yellow and Black and it is beautiful. I love the color. The Euro all black looks ok in the pictures, I still would have ordered the Y/B over the all black one. But that's just me.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
You got a good point there. I am going crazy over trying to pick the right color. I am a blue & white person all the way. However, they took my white wheels away...

Now, I am looking at the black & grey, and I had disc the yellow and black, but from the pictures I have seen, the YELLOW & BLACK is kicking azz!!! ?????

Now, you talk about being confused!!!

I think in the end, I will pick the blue and white, and quickly put white wheels on it..

Suzuki could have came with a stunning black and red, or black, white and red.. Or better still, for an extra $500 they could have custom colors to pick from.. Just my 2 cents..

·
Registered
165 Posts
The all black does nothing for me, and I've painted one of my previous GSXR's all black..... I agree that these could be painted a little better with regard to colors/design, but I think the K5's overall look is better than any of their predecessors.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I like the way Suzuki has stuck with their traditional designs. While the other manufacturers have gone with dual/side by side headlights and undertail exhaust, Suzuki has kept the headlight and side exhaust. They do it for function. As far as the colors I think sportbikes should be colorful. They are meant to stand out and be seen. Not fade into the traffic like harleys and other cruisers. I ordered the blue and white but bought the black and gray after I saw it. Why be like all the other bikes out there? When I'm on the street, sometimes it's hard to determine what brand of bike I see because they look the same....except for Suzukis. They stand out

·
Registered
409 Posts
1st off, all 3 color combos look great, I wanted the LE the 1st time I saw it but that went away after looking at pics a few days.. I am SO happy I got the blue/white.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I like the way Suzuki has stuck with their traditional designs. While the other manufacturers have gone with dual/side by side headlights and undertail exhaust, Suzuki has kept the headlight and side exhaust. They do it for function. As far as the colors I think sportbikes should be colorful. They are meant to stand out and be seen. Not fade into the traffic like harleys and other cruisers. I ordered the blue and white but bought the black and gray after I saw it. Why be like all the other bikes out there? When I'm on the street, sometimes it's hard to determine what brand of bike I see because they look the same....except for Suzukis. They stand out

+1

·
Registered
26 Posts
While not stunningly different, I don't think there is anything wrong with the colors - especially the blue/white. You've got to see that one in person - pictures do not do it justice.

I've got the yellow/black simply because all the blue/white's were spoken for. And I must admit, it's really growing on my.

I don't like that all black. But then, I don't like the all black R1 either. Too bland.

To each their own I guess.

If you want an all black gixxer the buy the yellow / black and have it painted. Problem solved.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, i was merely implying that suzuki should be able to offer at least more single colour tones like their competitors. colour choice is been a real issue for alot of would be buyers who don't like what they see currently. the blue/white, yellow/black thing is been around too long and frankly, too flashy and boring for most people's taste. Next time you come across a 5 year old gixxer, i dare you to tell me it's "classic looking." the design/colour can and have to be improved. Look at this simple color choice from kawasaki. Aint this better and probably cheaper to paint than the gixxer's?

Now if only that well engineered gixxer comes in this color. A classic for the ages no doubt

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"why didn't you just buy an r1?"

In all honesty, in three years time when am due for a new bike, suzuki will have to match it's competitors in design/color choice for me to buy. The bikes are too evenly matched technically to make a difference as to what i buy. I have the blue/white and i aint digging it aestethics wise.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I personally think the black/silver will be a perfect color for the ages. Look how many people still drool over the '01 in blk/slv. I think my new bike is just plain gorgeous!

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Stop being such a baby. If you're basing your purchase on the color of the damn thing, then get something else, or have your's painted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts