Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I purchased a 1000 and not that I have it home I see that the fuel tank is completely full of build up and rust. I pulled the pump and now know that it is completely seized and everything that is attached to the file assembly. I have purchased one and am currently waiting for it in the mail. The questions that I have are:

1. Whats the best way to clean out the tank so that I do not ruin the new pump and filter?
2. Is it possible for the injectors to be clogged or fouled up?
3. Has anyone dealt with this issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Relax, I made a mistake. So much stuff on this page makes it pretty easy to get confused. Thanks for stating the obvious but do you have any helpful info to add or are you just playing "hall monitor"?

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
Well, I'm not playing "hall monitor" as I am in fact a site moderator so it's part of my duties: "A place for everything and everything in its place". Yes, I do have all the answers you seek but I will refrain from answering and just move this to the 1000 forum where maybe someone else will help you.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,580 Posts
What year? See this. Beyond that, search as there've been several threads about rust in tanks.

"and everything that is attached to the file assembly" Huh?

There's a decent chance that the injectors are OK if the main filter in the pump was there and functioning. If not, you'll probably have to get them cleaned.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,843 Posts
Remove pump assembly, use electrolysis methods that you can find online, and hope that nothing got in your main filter. You'll find that out after you perform a fuel flow test when your tank is clean.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Relax, I made a mistake. So much stuff on this page makes it pretty easy to get confused. Thanks for stating the obvious but do you have any helpful info to add or are you just playing "hall monitor"?
:nono

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
oldgixxer
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing