Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i have GSXR 1000 L2. I had an acident and damaged my Fuel Tank . To recover my tank i cut it from downside and then we gave this tank his form. I cleaned fuel tank with fuel and after that i started to ride . But in 4 day it started to stop rev at 12 000 . And there was situation like fuel was very low and could not go o higher revs. I fill it with more fuel . But it was not its foult.

I changed whole fuel tank with my buddys tank. And motorcycle was running good again it was fast like hell :). So i think that from cut place there was some very small parts which i cleaned but after some use of motorcycle and reverberations . New small metals comes down to fuel tank and i think thats the reason of my problem. Now question

Is it possible to fix my Fuel pump ? Or how can i test its working well or not ? Its realy very high price to buy new fuel pump :( but uts fact that with my tank motorcycle is die after 11 - 12 rev. And with another tank its ok

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
You learned the hard way what happens when you mess around with a fuel tank and don't do a proper job of cleaning up. You need to open up the whole fuel assembly, find whatever crap went in there, and you're probably going to need to replace the filter itself (not the strainer). Part #15610-14J00 is the regulator and MAY have the actual filter in there (I have not confirmed that, but it is the most plausible based on the part break-down). However, your pump itself may also be damaged from whatever shards you introduced by what sounds like you cutting the tank. If that is also damaged, that means you'll need a new pump, which it seems like you cannot order separately (according to the fiche). And the only other options are relying on an aftermarket pump not failing on you, or just ordering the whole assembly AFTER cleaning the tank, THOROUGHLY. Part number of assembly: 15100-47H11.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dissamble pump and Straner was damaged , i Replaced the strainer , and motorcycle was working good for some Hours but after that it started to fail again :( i think the Pump or filter but not stainet is fail :( yes ?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
To do a flow test you need to know the rate of fuel over a prescribed amount of time. You then run the pump for the prescribed time and check how much fuel was delivered. If it's inside the correct tolerances your ok. If not you're in a land of expense that seems unwanted at this point in your life.

I can't tell you what the rates should be as I have no idea but there will be some smarter people than me who are about and know such things. Failing that you might want to buy a manual online as I did for my bike as that makes life a lot simpler.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
Don't know for sure but the spec on the K9-L1 1000 is 222 ml (7.5/7.8 US/lmp oz) and more/10 sec. Good chance that yours is the same.

It's really important that you keep dirt, no matter how fine, out of the pump.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am going to buy full fuel pump but i found K9 gsxr 1000 fuel Pump in good condition and price which i like is from K9 and L6.

My original part number is 15100-47H10
K9 IS 15100-47H00
L6 IS 15100-47H20

And there is deferance between K9 and my L2 pump or why diferent part numbers ? If anyone know can i buy K9 or L6 pump for me and it will works like OEM part number ?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
Compare the pumps in the parts fiche drawings. There are oftentimes differences that can be seen there. Also check pics on ebay. It oftentimes is something like the level sensor or the direction of the fuel outlet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts