Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, fairly new user here!

I did some searching around the forums and have some conflicting information I was hoping to get cleared up.

I'm needing to buy new fairings and looking at getting different colors than what I have (also looking to change the color of fuel tank, currently red, wanting black)

I saw a thread here where it was mentioned that fuel tank covers on GSXRs are not swapable like the CBRs. The people on the fairing website (Auctmart) say I can buy a fuel tank cover that will embody the entire fuel tank to match the rest of the fairings. Or perhaps they just meant the front piece?

If I misunderstood then the I can take it somewhere to paint but was hoping for clarification from more knowledgeable people before taking actions. Thanks in advance and safe riding!

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,856 Posts
Hello everyone, fairly new user here!

I did some searching around the forums and have some conflicting information I was hoping to get cleared up.

I'm needing to buy new fairings and looking at getting different colors than what I have (also looking to change the color of fuel tank, currently red, wanting black)

I saw a thread here where it was mentioned that fuel tank covers on GSXRs are not swapable like the CBRs. The people on the fairing website (Auctmart) say I can buy a fuel tank cover that will embody the entire fuel tank to match the rest of the fairings. Or perhaps they just meant the front piece?

If I misunderstood then the I can take it somewhere to paint but was hoping for clarification from more knowledgeable people before taking actions. Thanks in advance and safe riding!
The cover they offer is a whole cover. It drops on top of the entire tank.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
There are not fuel tank covers on GSXRs. The tank is double-walled, OEM. Suzuki tanks have "shrouds," but they are just fancy design pieces on the front of the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts