Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry ahead of time if I am posting in the wrong area. On that note, I am going to be purchasing a used 2008 Hayabusa tomorrow evening but I have a situation on my hands. The current owner of the bike has had old fuel sitting in the tank for about ~8 months without any fuel stabilizer added to it. Yesterday, I met up with him to check the bike out and give it a test ride. He told me that was bogging due to the old gas which I know happens. I mean I was even able to smell that old gas burning smell.
I guess my question is, Is this something to be worried about? Could this do permanent damage to the motor?
He already mixed new gas with the old to try and dilute it but I'm not sure if that helped. He also added some Sea Foam to the tank to see if that solved the problem.
Once again, is this something to be worried about? Any suggestion on what should be done?
Thanks in advance!
-jma

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
I somehow missed this thread. How did you make out? The bogging could have been caused by gummed up injectors so they may have needed to come off and get cleaned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts