Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disassembled and cleaned fuel pump, after I assembled it won't prime. No power goes to pump wire. I can't find on my 600 k2 pump relay. Could there be no power going to the pump because of the pump, maybe because of fuel pressure regulator?

·
Squid
3,564 Posts
It does, but only to tell the ecu that the fuel pump relay is working. It also powers the pump. The relay sends power to both on Y/R. If there is no power going to the pump you should see a trouble code when you put it in dealer mode. C42 if my memory serves me.

You're going to need a multimeter to troubleshoot this effectively, and a wiring diagram. You can get a wiring diagram in a service manual.

Clymers have colour coded wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dash doesn't give me any code. It use to display codes only when I pushed kill switch and now it acts like that. Do you know where is the relay, manual says that its in front of air box, but its not there. Other models has it under the seat, its not there. Fuse box and indicator relay is next to the right clip on, but I can't find fuel pump relay anywhere.
Bike worked fine before I took pump out. Maybe ECU gone bad, because I turned pump without connecting wires to it?
Anyone knows where is pump relay on 2002 600 if its not under the seat and in front of air box???

·
Squid
3,564 Posts
You probably just hooked it up wrong. The relay hasn't changed because you messed with the pump. There are three leads on the inside of the tank and if you had them off maybe they are crossed now...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I connected wires directly from battery and pump runs. Its like a bad joke, I checked everything, but There is no relay click, and I am getting voltage only to one wire out of three to pump. The pump wire should be on for few seconds but it doesn't, I checked that too.

·
Here is your "R"
6,923 Posts
Your kick stand sensor, and your clutch lever sensor both will not turn on the pump without properly working. You can put a jumper wire into the plugs of each just to rule them out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
Gottspeed
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing