Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have a problem. I have a 2000 750. Just replaced the wiring harness. The other day I started the bike up to let it warm and when I wanted to pull off it sputtered off. I started it up again and went to ride. Riding down the road the bike started to lurch like I was on the gas the off back and forth then it shut down again. I went back home and checked my connections. All good. TOday i go to start the bike and it takes like 5-6 seconds for it to start. It warmed up but when I got down the road it lurched again and sputtered off again and would not start. Could my fuel pump be going? Its the only logical thing I can think of off hand as the bike keeps dying. Any feedback or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
First check the fuel line to throttle body make sure thats not crimped. Then check your TPS, and then clean out your screen in the fuel pump.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i assumed the pump because it lurches really hard like i downshifted then goes back to normal then boggs and sputters off. I can add some injector cleaner to see if it helps I will check the tps today. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
i assumed the pump because it lurches really hard like i downshifted then goes back to normal then boggs and sputters off. I can add some injector cleaner to see if it helps I will check the tps today. Thanks fellas.
injector cleaner will not work if your injector is going to the canner.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no mods currently. My SVT actuator broke last season and I have been riding her like she is. Noone will sell me one unless I buy the whole throttle body. Too much money. Its weird that is just started to happen all of a sudden. Couldl it be bad gas?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I have no mods currently. My SVT actuator broke last season and I have been riding her like she is. Noone will sell me one unless I buy the whole throttle body. Too much money. Its weird that is just started to happen all of a sudden. Couldl it be bad gas?
yes, there is a possibility that bad gas was pumped. You could flush it out and pour in some new gas.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dumped the old gas and the bike ran fine through 2 gallons. Started acting up again with the same behavior. I will be pulling the pump to clean the filter tomorrow and will check the TPS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.