Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've fuigured out what to do with my frame, I have been having an intermittant problem with my fuel pump also. It started a few weeks ago when I went to fire up the bike (2003 GSXR 600) and the fuel pump didn't come on. Bike was in neutral and all connections are good but nothing. I turn the ignition off and then back on a few times and finally it comes on. When I ride it it never cuts off, this just happens on startup. Any ideas? Relay maybe?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
try checking the wires plugging in at the clutch lever and the kickstand. they could be loose or grounding out.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
Yeah, that's a good place to start.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the bike is in neutral the wires comming from the clutch or kickstand wouldn't prevent the fuel pump from priming. The kickstand and the clutch can be out for startup if the bikes in neutral. I almost never start my bikes up any other way because I let them sit and warm up before I go.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked wires at both places, and I think I'm going to try looking at the connection at the fuel. That seem like the most likeley place the problem would come from. We'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts