Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whasup!..

Has anyone had to get or replace their own. Do I replace the gasket only or should I replace the fuel pump too. 96 gixxer 750 w/14k miles. I'm new to the board and 1st bike.

thanks

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Yeah it is a easy change if you are somewhat good with tools. You drain and pull your tank. Flip it over. Unscrew the 6-8 bolts that hold the fuel pump assembly on. Pull off the old gasket, clean the surface really good. Put the new gasket on, torque to spec's (tighten in a criss cross form so they tighten evenly), put the tank back on and wala.

If you search the FAQ there is step by steps for the whole procedure.

jontflesh

·
Registered
514 Posts
my dealer informed me there was a recall on the gas tank/ fuel pump gasket. he swapped it out for free... as it was a recall. if you don't know anything about this, bring the tank in to your dealer... they'll know. I don't b/c i never got to see the old one.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
yes it was a recall on certain years/models, I forget which specifically.

call your dealer and see if they will do it free

if not, Ron Ayers sells the gasket for like $18 and it is a very easy thing to do.... you just have to pull the tank off, flip it over and set it up so you prob dont even need to drain any gas since you have a petcock... then pull the fuel pump off and replace the gasket.

there is a specific sequence of the order of the mounting bolts that you should do...prob not a big deal - but if you want this info let me know
I can get it to you tonight

the mounting bolts shoudl be torqued to 3 ft-lbs

I juts replaced mine *again* the other day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts