Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I depressurize the fuel system to remove the tank, or for any other reason, by loosening the nut on the throttle bodies... Should I feel a release of pressure either by gas spurting or a vapor release? The manual says there should be 42psi in there and when I open up the system I feel no release of pressure the fuel just comes trickling out. Is this proper?

My bike will not run past idle and the fuel pump pumps and no lines are clogged and the bike only runs when the fuel pressure regulator is unplugged (vaccum). I am thinking the fuel pressure regulator is bad. Do those go out often? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

-Mike

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
i'm not exactly sure from your description what you've done" When I depressurize the fuel system to remove the tank, or for any other reason, by loosening the nut on the throttle bodies... " do you mean the screws on the floats to drain them?
whenever you drain the system of fuel for the first few start ups you will hear the pump noisier than normal,this does go away afterwhile
the filters are clear? there is one in the tank which is on the fuel pump which then feeds via the petcock then the pipe goes to the carbs via the fuel rail (where this pipe meets the fuel rail,there is a small filter also)
can you give more details as to what you did and why you did it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for responding. I mean the nut on the arm of the throttle bodies where the hose from the tank (fuel pump) ends. I loosened this because the manual says this is what to do to depressurize the system. the reason I am doing this is because my bike will not run past idle speed and it only runs if I unplug the vaccum line from the fuel pressure regulator. I am trying to find the problem so I can fix it. Both fuel lines are flowing, the fuel pump pumps fuel so I am assuming it is not clogged. Everything seems fine accept for the "break" in the circuit at the regulator. I want to know about the pressure during depressurization (since I have none) so that I can know if the regulator is the most probable cause. If everything is flowing and pumping could there be anything else?
Thanks,
-Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts