Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used gas tank from a guy on this websight(thanks gunrunner)for my 86 750.The lever on the petcock was broken off.I'm not sure what position the lever is in(on,reserve or prime)I have been running the bike in the garage and around my house a little bit,but now I'm ready to get her out on the road.My question is if the lever is in the prime or reserve position,will it still run off the main tank? I don't want to get to far from home intell I get this figured out. Just in case your wondering,there is'nt anything left of the lever to get a hold of to change the position of it.Anyone have a good one that they would sell?

·
Registered
805 Posts
YES!!!

It runs off of the main tank in all positions.

Can you take the petcock off of your old tank?

Have your removed the broken piece? You should be able to take the screw out of the center of it and take the broken piece off. Once you do that, you will see the round shaft that goes into the petcock. On one side of it, there will be a protrusion, like a key way. Point that to the selection that you want. You can buy the handle from your local dealer.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
or you could try pingel for an aftermarket.

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: Pod99966 ]

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I've got the complete stock system that I removed from the tank when the Pingel went in. Should you be interested, I'd sell the whole thing cheap.

It was for my 93 1100w, so check if its a fit. If nothing else, the switch (that goes in with a Phillips driver) is still very much intact
. Let me know at [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts