Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning ,
I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone out there had any advice or information regarding this topic.
I recently purchased a 2007 GSXR 600 with a power commander , M4 slip on and a smaller sprocket. Now this is my 8th SS and I have been pretty consistent with the mileage getting around 230ish km per tank with a slip on and power commander so this has been my comparison.

With this current bike I can’t seem to get more than 130km per tank. At first I checked the map and found it was just dumping fuel in so I downloaded the proper map , no change.
Downloaded the stock map and currently am running it from a full tank as a test. Other than the map can anyone think of another reason I would be getting such poor mileage?
I will note I have had multiple Honda 600RR, kawi zx6-R, GSXR 750 , etc. And ride very similar on all so it’s definitely specific to this bike.

Hoping someone has a suggestion as all the dealer could suggest was taking it to the dyno and starting there.

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
I usually get around 250km to a tank before I pull off and get fuel. (That’s about when my fuel light goes from flashing to solid). I have gotten it to 260km a couple of times but don’t like to run that low in fear of not finding a gas station and having to push a bike in 104degree heat.

Have you checked the plugs, air filter and other general maintenance stuff? I’m sure there are other things I’m missing on this list as well, just not thinking of them at the moment.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The only times my 750 did 140-ish on a tank was with very cold weather (10 degrees C and lower), and this was with PC installed

And as an aside I must comment that it could do a lot more than my average 180/190km on a tank of gas, but not with this idiot strangling the throttle tube :crazy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it possible that something like plugs and air filter would effect my fuel consumption that drastically ?

I’ll check those items this week and see how they look

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,639 Posts
Is is possible to remove the PC and switch back to the OEM gearing? I've gone over 200 miles on a K6 1000 (45-50 MPG). Was admittedly running on fumes at the end. Your riding style will also affect things. My high mileage numbers involved highway cruising at about 65 MPH.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Unfortunately I didn’t get the stock gear with it so I would have to source out a replacement.
I’m running a 15 in the front and 43 in the rear on my K7 600 and getting 250km on a tank. The OEM would be a 16/43, do you know what yours currently is? A kit is not that expensive to purchase, I think mine was around $145 shipped, Vortex racing, steel instead of aluminum. That was front and rear with chain. Took maybe all of a couple hours to break the old chain, remove sprockets, clean up the old nasty dirt filled grease, install new sprockets and chain.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I've gone over 200 miles on a K6 1000 (45-50 MPG). Was admittedly running on fumes at the end. Your riding style will also affect things. My high mileage numbers involved highway cruising at about 65 MPH.
Once did 100km on my 750, at a constant pace of 130km/h, riding behind a buddy, did 4.5l/km (52mpg)
Maybe could have made 60mpg if we had ridden at a lower speed
But as it was, the ride already became torture, being in 1 position at a constant speed, at a constant rpm, cramping up, stiffening and putting several limbs to sleep :gaah
So when a roadsign "3km til next fuelstation" came up (Time for coffee), I let 'r rip, it didn't improve avg mpg, but did my physical comfort

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Is is possible to remove the PC and switch back to the OEM gearing? I've gone over 200 miles on a K6 1000 (45-50 MPG). Was admittedly running on fumes at the end. Your riding style will also affect things. My high mileage numbers involved highway cruising at about 65 MPH.

Ive done that, tucked in behind my Mrs car.
Trackday on the other hand Ive had worse than your.
How man gallons/ltrs per tank are you putting in that bike?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,639 Posts
See this. Note that I have an E33 model with a slightly smaller tank. I've stopped paying attention to mileage but sense that it's dropped to around 45 MPG and I'm wondering if it's due to alcohol in the gas.

It's been a while but I seem to remember someone else here with the same bike reported mileage in the 50's under highway cruising conditions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts