Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone tell me how the hell to get it off the pump? Do I push the clips in at the end of it, and pull or what? Kinda stumped here as to how the "clamp" works:hammer. Someone please explain this to me.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Well, I have a '99, and I'm not sure were talking the same clip here but if we are I got mine off (it was a pain as well):
Put your hand on the black hose
Push it forward
With your thumb and pointer finger push the two small blue tabs toward the hose/tank inlet
Gently pull the hose off

Again, this is regarding a '99 750, I dont know if they use a different clip or what not, or if we are even talking the same clips!

·
Premium Member
41,730 Posts
Yes. There are 2 clips that you push in. Before you push those in, push the connector on so the clips wont stuck. Then push them and pull.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RussZTT said:
Yes. There are 2 clips that you push in. Before you push those in, push the connector on so the clips wont stuck. Then push them and pull.
Should it just slide off, or is it going to take some pressure to get it off. First time it has ever been taken off the bike. And by clip, you mean the black piece that has the grooves in it, over the line coming off the fuel pump?

·
eh'hole
2,104 Posts
As Russ stated earlier, push the two clips in, make sure you push them in far enough to clear, and pull. It might take a little bit of effort as it did for mine when I took it off. Have a rag handy as there will be a little bit of gas in the line.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Sorry, I had a typo, you are supposed to PUSH the blue tabs, not pull them. The blue tabs stay on the fuel line, while the black clip pulls off, keep that in mind, may help a bit.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info all. I have yet to make it over to my buddy's house to work on the bike. I hope I can get the damn fuel line off, so I can get to the TOS and fuel relay. It is realy starting to piss me off that I can't start my bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.