Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok smart gixxer folks…fuel issue on my oil-cooled 92. had leaky petcock, replaced with oem, now periodically losing fuel to carbs. Vacuum line appears to be correct, both fuel lines hooked up to petcock, vents both clear, prime flows when tank is not attached to lines, but will not fill lines when hooked up. It appears that more fuel is getting to 1&2 carbs and less to 3&4 but all are firing. Bike runs great when working, always restarts when it stops, tank is clean, fuel filter is new and clean.

it’s my first vacuum petcock…what am I missing?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you explain further the issue you are observing (does it start, have a rough idle, etc.)? Why do you think you are getting less fuel on 3 & 4?
Thanks for the reply builder. She idles perfectly, runs fine until seems to be starved of fuel…I do not see any fuel in the line headed to 3 & 4, but do on 1 & 2 (especially now on prime, first line fills, 2nd not)…however, 3 & 4 cylinders are definitely firing as I have equal temps across all…

thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked your float levels?
Nice collection!
Not yet, but that is the agenda for tomorrow…however after I took the lines off last week, blew out vents, and put back together making very sure not to crimp lines anywhere…I have not been able to replicate the starvation issue…and she really seems to be running perfectly…however I am still only seeing full fuel line on that left hand line from petcock…it’s a good mystery!

and thanks and thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would try an auxiliary tank. Just to eliminate the petcock. Then see if the carbs are taking fuel.
Thanks!

i may Have worked it out…took it all apart, double checked filter and re ran lines…drained all 4 bowls, all had fuel, and haven’t been able to replicate the starvation…so fingers crossed and thanks for the help

·
Registered
218 Posts
did you rebuild the carbs with an aftermarket kit? I ran into an issue where a bike was performing as you mentioned and the replacement float needles were the wrong size in the rebuild kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts