Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have a 06 gsxr 600 which didn't have a fuel hose on the bike. It actually had a hose from Autozone connecting the fuel rail to the fuel tank. It works but i know it's not right! I know it should have the hose with the clamps on each end attached to the bike. The question is... would this make my bike run differently? Would the hose that should be there put out a certain amount of fuel or something because my bike seems like it's not getting enough fuel. It sputters when trying too give it gas while in gear.

Please help!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I would guess that the OEM hose is steel braided, since it's under pressure, continuing on that, a flexible hose MAY affect the fueldelivery to the rail because it's able to deform when pressure builds, or disappears

I'm also certain you don't want to risk that hose from rupturing or getting loose and have gas dripping down all over a hot engine towards an even hotter header

Whether this makes your bike run differently would be the least of your worries

·
17,011 Posts
Guys, I have a 06 gsxr 600 which didn't have a fuel hose on the bike. It actually had a hose from Autozone connecting the fuel rail to the fuel tank. It works but i know it's not right! I know it should have the hose with the clamps on each end attached to the bike. The question is... would this make my bike run differently? Would the hose that should be there put out a certain amount of fuel or something because my bike seems like it's not getting enough fuel. It sputters when trying too give it gas while in gear.

Please help!
Help?
Sure, order a new fuel line..:cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just boot the new hose. It should be here in a few days. I'll let you guys know the outcome.

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts