Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fits 2000-up 750 and 2001-up 1000. From the kit parts catalog. Offers a more linear rear suspension motion ratio, for those more interested in riding solo on a twisty road than parading around with a fat chick on the back. Not many of these around. LIghtly used and in good condition.

$500/OBO, plus shipping from 74137 in the US.

JR

Attachments

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
nice...but 2 rich for my blood....

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice...but 2 rich for my blood....
They sold for 75,000 yen when new, which is around $750, give or take. And that was over 10 years ago... they would probably be more money now.

I'm surprised that nobody has bought this... I would have thought that not everybody hauled around fat chicks on the back of their bike..

JR

·
Premium Member
11,213 Posts
Jeff, you know my garage is like your upstairs studio.... Too many expensive works toys. We both know what they are worth, both back then and to the right buyer today. It's an odd market for real race items. I just sold brand new complete Kit race electrical system for zx7rr WSB for $1600usd....New...(harness s, switches, relays, coils, cdi, igniter, coils, etc). Hang in there. Beautiful items. I have two similar linkages to yours, one a Muzzy version and the other a kit Kawasaki item, and the craftsmanship on your Yosh it much more detailed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know. The funny thing is, this part makes the bike better for actually riding it. I suspect too few of these bikes get used in the way they should, sans passenger on a twisty road.

253 views and nothing...

Yoshimura always did do a good job of the machining and finishing of their parts. This piece is actually finished nicer than the ones they ran on their own superbikes. And you can't argue that they didn't give buyers the real parts; all the little details on this part are machined just like the full factory parts, even the ones that don't mean much to the function.

JR

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost 400 views now, plus several hundred in the 1000 classifieds, and not a single guy is interested in buying this linkage.

I'm amazed. Not enough bling, since it's hard to see when installed?

JR

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
62600-35810 was the part number for the stock part and it was shared by the 600, 750 and 1000 of that generation. The 04/05 600 and 750 used a different part, 62600-35820. I can't say what the differences were.

JR

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the 04 shock is longer by about 7.5mm. The stroke is the same. My guess is that the difference in length was because the later shock had a higher mounting point in the frame. The dogbones are the same part number for '03 and '04.

The swingarms are different, as they mounted the rear brake in a different way, but I have no idea if there were other differences.

JR

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I wish I could calculate how much more linear/progressive that would make my rear suspension

Anyway,could you possibly measure it and give some rough dimensions of it? I want to fit it on my K7 1000,my dogbones are different and from what I can remember the shock also mounts differently,but maybe the linkage itself matches...

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Calculating the curve is easy when you measure it as it is installed on the bike. Doing so from calculations is much more difficult and probably beyond the ability of most people. So, this may not be of much use, but:

Frame pivot to dog bones pivot 56.9mm
Dog bones pivot to shock pivot 67.4mm
Shock pivot to frame pivot 97mm

Frame pivot spacer width 30mm, M10 bolt
Dog bones pivot spacer width 94mm, M12 bolt
Shock pivot spacer width 32mm, M12 bolt

Dimensions are approximate; didn't measure any angles.

JR

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,064 Posts
can i ask why you cannot have a rear passenger with this setup?
i'll be tracking my bike this year, but im not swapping parts for daily commute when my partner wants to get on the back.

·
Premium Member
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, you could, if you really wanted to. It wouldn't be ideal and wouldn't be as good as the stock linkage, really. A shock on a bike that is sometimes ridden with a passenger is a compromise. If you spring it properly for one rider, it is too soft for two. If you spring it for two, it's too hard for one. So, one compromise is to add progression to the linkage motion ratio, so that the effective stiffness increases with travel. If you plan to never carry a passenger, you can spring the bike properly for the rider's weight and use a more linear motion ratio for the rear suspension.

JR

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,064 Posts
thanks dude appreciate it.
spewing i didn't see this would have grabbed it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts