Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there are some lazy people who can't/don't use the search function I'm just going to maake this a sticky.

njracer

·
Registered
144 Posts
hey nj....i just went out and bought the setup you have heree but i am having a prob..... u know lefty-loosey/righty-tighty??? when i am turning the nuts in the "loosy" direction to get front axle off the nuts are coming off the bolt??? am i doing sumthing wrong here...whats the trick???? squid indeed i am....

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey nj....i just went out and bought the setup you have heree but i am having a prob..... u know lefty-loosey/righty-tighty??? when i am turning the nuts in the "loosy" direction to get front axle off the nuts are coming off the bolt??? am i doing sumthing wrong here...whats the trick???? squid indeed i am....
When U have the head of the bolt in the axel.....turn the tool using the inside nut.

BTW - did you locktite the bolts??

·
Registered
144 Posts
ya i did lock the nut but they still come off..... is there something else on the front axle i should loosen b4 im doing this or is this it....ill give it another go...please reply if u can

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya i did lock the nut but they still come off..... is there something else on the front axle i should loosen b4 im doing this or is this it....ill give it another go...please reply if u can
Just make sure the right side pinch bolts are loose....other than that it should come right off.

nj

·
Registered
6 Posts
just weld it......i had the same problem, so i grabbed my buddies' welder and just welded them together.....worked damn nicely too.....if not just dont even use the bolts....just put a monkey wrench to the bolt......good luck!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
glad you like my picture...... and ya' it helps to weld it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey, not to steal the thread, but while we're on the topic of the fron axle and wut not.....will and 02 gsxr 1000 front rim fit my 04 750???? I really hope so cuz i already bought it off of ebay.....i read that they should fit somewhere in the forum, but can't find it again.....plus will the axles fit too????cuz the dealerships lied to me when they told me only 04-05 front rims will fit our bike when in fact 00-05 will fit all 750's(as long as u change the rotors)....any help is appreciated guys.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yes to the axle being the same.

Only difference is the 04 rotors are 300mm; earlier ones are 320mm (04 has radial mounted calis). Get your rim, use 04 rotors.

Race on.

·
Registered
602 Posts
or go to cyclegear or LP for the same tool that can fit the 600rr and zx6r/rr also. not as cheap as this solution, but no worries which way to go or locktite or etc...

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Something seems to be missing from the beginning of this thread, like the instructions.

I went and got my 5/8 bolt and nuts today. Total Cost: $1.25

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
This works great
Had to do a little grinding and lay a good weld but it worked
First tried a tack weld which snapped

·
Registered
193 Posts
Something seems to be missing from the beginning of this thread, like the instructions.

I went and got my 5/8 bolt and nuts today. Total Cost: $1.25
The pic doesn't even work, it's a <font color="red"> red ecks </font>

And I don't even know WTF a front wheel tool is

·
Registered
46 Posts
Since there are some lazy people who can't/don't use the search function I'm just going to maake this a sticky.

njracer

You wanna know why nobody uses the search function, cause it SUCKS! If you choose one topic from the list, you better hope the info is on that post. If it's not, you get to start all over. Yeehaw! This website gets more and more useless everytime I try to use it. Shitty website if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts