Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I looked at the sources for Dunlop, Avon, Metzler, Michelin and Bridgestone...and in a tire to be used by a sprortbike like a gixxer (17") there are no 120/80 tires made. There are 110/80 in D205, MEZ4, oh and Pirelli Dragon GTS.

Why would you want a 120/80?

·
YAAFM Mod
2,173 Posts
The question should be "what effect will a 120/80 have on the handling of my Motorcycle?" A 120/60 is what most people run on their bikes today due to the look of a lower profile tire not knowing that this slows the steering. A 120/60 has less arch to it than a 120/70. A 120/70 has a greater arch to it in the same width due to the higher aspect ratio so it "falls in" better than a 120/60. A 120/80 on a Sportbike like our GSXR's would make it hard to ride as it would constantly want to be falling in to a turn.
Bones

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Si quieres, tal vez yo puedo mandar por correo una llanta de los EEUU.
Por supuesto, depende en qual maraca y modelo de llanta quieres para tu moto, pero tal vez seri'a mejor pagar un poco mas y ganar la llanta correcta.

If you'd like, perhaps I could send by mail a tire from the US.
Of course, it depends on the type of tire you'd like for your bike, but it might be better to pay a little more to get the correct tire.

Juan

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
The question should be "what effect will a 120/80 have on the handling of my Motorcycle?" A 120/60 is what most people run on their bikes today due to the look of a lower profile tire not knowing that this slows the steering. A 120/60 has less arch to it than a 120/70. A 120/70 has a greater arch to it in the same width due to the higher aspect ratio so it "falls in" better than a 120/60. A 120/80 on a Sportbike like our GSXR's would make it hard to ride as it would constantly want to be falling in to a turn.
Bones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks BONE, this is the info that I need it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Ratbike Rider:
Si quieres, tal vez yo puedo mandar por correo una llanta de los EEUU.
Por supuesto, depende en qual maraca y modelo de llanta quieres para tu moto, pero tal vez seri'a mejor pagar un poco mas y ganar la llanta correcta.

If you'd like, perhaps I could send by mail a tire from the US.
Of course, it depends on the type of tire you'd like for your bike, but it might be better to pay a little more to get the correct tire.

Juan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Juan te agradezco la intencion en realidad, pero ya pense en esa posibilidad y realmente no me es tan necesaria. Por cierto, no escribo muy a menudo en este Forum pero es la primera vez que veo que escriben en espanol y y eso me agrado mucho. Eres Latino o solo praticas el idioma

Juan I thank for the intention in fact to you, but already think in that possibility and really it is not so necessary to me. By the way, I do not write quite often in this Forum but it is the first time that I see that they write in spanish
and that I am pleased too much. You are Latin or single practice the language

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Jonathan,
Lo siento por no escribir mas pronto, ahorita tengo muchos problemas con la computadora.
Si, soy estudiante de Espanol, pero hace mas que cinco anos que no lo he escrito (aunque cada dia necesito tratar de hablarlo en el trabajo).
Espero que la llanta va a servirle bien--que tengas cuidado cuando entras a las primeras curvas,porque parece que va a funcionar un poquito diferente.
Hablamos pronto,
Juan

I'm sorry for not writing sooner, right now I'm having many problems with my computer.
Yes, I am a student of Spanish, but it has been more than five years since I have written in it (although each day I attempt to speak it at work).
I hope that the tire serves you well--be careful when you enter the first few curves, because it appears that it may function a bit differently.
We will speak soon,
John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.