Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 120/70 dunlop 208 on the front, and after like 500 miles i ran over a nail

so, after i put the tire on, i noticed that compared to lastyear the bike is a lot harder to turn in, i was wondering if i put a 120/60 front tire on it would it quicken the steering or would it just not really do anything.

i put a 2002 gsxr-600 rear shock in theb back, and that helped a lot.. but if i could get better turn in witht he 120/60 i'd probably go that route instead of the 120/70.

thanks for any advice,
-Greg

·
Registered
63 Posts
going to a lower profile might help turn in but the 70 will absorb more road bumps giving a smoother ride,if it was me i would stick with the 70 but drop the triple clamps 5-10mm down the forks to sharpen the steering. idid this on my old 93 cbr 600 standard was 120/60/17 put on a 120/70/17 and dropped the forks 15 mm and the steering was sharper than standard but the suspension was more compliant and less choppy.probably not ideal for an A class track rider looking for ultimate feed back and the quickest lap times but on the road its the best compromise.just make sure you drop the forks a bit at a time to avoid going to far into the instability zone.good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.