Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when im riding above 55mph and let go of the handle bars the bars shake for about 5seconds and stops shaking ,tire looks to be in good shape ha about 1000 miles on it. please help dont want to get a tank slapper.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has proper air pressure ,i dont know if its balanced correctly i just got the bike about a month ago

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by shotout:
it has proper air pressure ,i dont know if its balanced correctly i just got the bike about a month ago
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did YOU check the pressure.? don't rely on the dealer...

Ya might want to take it in and have em check it out...when ever I get a bike, it gets a thouro going over..At any rate, a 5 sec. shake shouldn't indicate a major problem, I had a 97 600, and sometimes it would shake a tad..I didn't have a damper on it...and nvere had a problem, but..I always made sure the air pressure was good, and the wheels were balanced, and the chain was straight, and proplery adjusted..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i checked the tire pressure and it was what the sticker said it should be. i dont have a dampner on it i was just wondering if the rim might be bent or something

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Check the rear wheel tyre pressure as well. Front shakes are often caused by the rear wheel. Check everything out in front ,rotors,balancing etc then if not cured look at the rear wheel balancing etc. I had a similar problem years ago with a kwak i owned.I spent hours an hours sussing out the front end ,stripping ,rebuilding an shake did not go away. Mate of mine recommended i balance the rear wheel ,,an presto 30 minutes later shake was gone. unfortunatly experience takes time i spose.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Originally posted by geoff_s14:
Also check the head bearings.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would start here... Then I would let us know what kind of tires you have... Then I would look at a balance... Then maybe even new tires (if nothing else helps)

John

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help im going to pull thetire and bring it to a shop to check balance. i have a dunlop sport radial d207f

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Originally posted by shotout:
thanks for the help im going to pull thetire and bring it to a shop to check balance. i have a dunlop sport radial d207f
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Take both wheels an have em both balanced!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts