Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing the oil and tire out this week, I noticed that the front tire is rubbing through the front part of the sharkskinz belly pan dead center just below the radiator on R6. I looked at the zip tie on the fork and while its pretty high, it doesn't look like the forks are bottoming out. Just wondering if any of you have heard this being a common thing or if Dave, Fever or Timmy have noticed it on their R6's???

TIA

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
nope., they touch every now and then., it is most likely how you mounted them., if you detatch the upper at the ears., and the lower rear., you can rotate it down and back some., leaving the middle bolts in place., i did this before i drilled the upper holes for the ears., to make sure there was room..... the forks also flex ALOT., it is not the bottoming out part but the flex when on the brakes that makes it rub.,

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Measure out your frame you may have a tweaked neck frame.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
buy a gixxer

r6

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Measure out your frame you may have a tweaked neck frame.
Its not that because the bike was already down to GMD and measured perfect . . . 0.001

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
the 'angle' that you have the bodywork mounted on can have an effect. try lowering where you mount the upper on the fairing stay an inch which should adjust the spacing on the lower.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope., they touch every now and then., it is most likely how you mounted them., if you detatch the upper at the ears., and the lower rear., you can rotate it down and back some., leaving the middle bolts in place., i did this before i drilled the upper holes for the ears., to make sure there was room..... the forks also flex ALOT., it is not the bottoming out part but the flex when on the brakes that makes it rub.,
The body parts seem to line up and fit real nice . . . not my work, but the guy before me. The belly pan has 4 bolts so there is not much pivoting there. When sitting still the wheel is pretty damn far away so those forks have to be flexing A LOT . . . and I'm only 190lbs. How is it that your's have not burned through and started rubbing against the headers yet???

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the guy before may have been a jumoke like Fever ..
Hmm . . . I thought Fever was Mexican???

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
every bodys wheel touches on the r6. its a combo of the body work not positioned right and the notorous fork flex under heavy braking.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
There was a guy over on the R6 message board (Dafan) that was selling fork braces. Maybe you should get one of those.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts