Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my bike new in dec 04, never really checked the tire pressures. but today I went to the gas station and found that the rear was set to spec @ 36 psi, but the front was 30...

i then added some air and set it to 36 Front 36 rear... and I noticed the ride was firmer

·
Registered
610 Posts
When tires sit for a long time, like when shipping from the factory, air pressure will naturally go down. Just check the pressure periodically and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I got my bike new in dec 04, never really checked the tire pressures. but today I went to the gas station and found that the rear was set to spec @ 36 psi, but the front was 30...

i then added some air and set it to 36 Front 36 rear... and I noticed the ride was firmer
Do yourself a favour and purchase a nice digital pressure gauge of your own. Those ones at the stations get used/abused by so many people that they are rarely accurate. Also allows you to measure a true cold pressure vs the higher psi that will develop after just a few minutes of riding.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
Re: front tire only had 30 PSI from dealer on my 05 GSXR600?

I have a nice chromed brass analog guage that works pretty well, fits nicely in my tail section next to the tool kit. Tires lose a little air over time, after heat cycles, etc. It's not a bad idea to check your pressure regularly.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts

I run 31psi on the street at all times...
36 psi is asking to tuck the front.. 30-30 front and back on the street at all times.

·
Registered
231 Posts

If 36 makes it so easy to tuck the front why does the factory recomend it?

·
31,593 Posts

If 36 makes it so easy to tuck the front why does the factory recomend it?
if you ride aggressively, 36 is too high, more prone to tuck the front. they recomend it to get the most life outta the tire, fuck a few hundred miles i want that shit to grip. The dunnie street tires arent the best out there, not a lot of feed back, they would just let loose. Much better experiecne riding pirelli's. you wont find one guy who has tires balled tot he edge front and back run anything over 32 psi even on a hot day.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

36 HOLY CRAP your going to killl yourself.

30ish is where you want them. I've been running 30/31 for the past 3 bikes and 3 years. Its the best for road/track/wheelies

·
Registered
203 Posts

I am running on 36 right now. It is not too bad.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

36 is high for the front...I run 31or 32 in front and 30 in the rear...try it out you'll be suprised it makes a big difference.

·
Registered
222 Posts

I just tried it out yesterday...it does make a big difference.

·
31,593 Posts

I just tried it out yesterday...it does make a big difference.
play around with it a bit, literally 2 psi will make a diff. if it was a colder morning id run like 28-29 up front, hot days 31-32. id usually run 1-2 psi higher in back. easier to control a bit of spin coming out of a corner the the front starting to slide. never had any problems mileage should not be a concern on a sport bike. i rather spend a extra few hundred a year on rubber than sliding down the road on my face.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Okay i went out and lowered my tire pressures to 31F 31 R

I hope the bike will ride, handle and perform better

·
Registered
48 Posts

I personally like the 36/36 factory suggested pressures. Turn in is much more responsive and it just wants to turn so much easier. Tucking the front is more a byproduct of not knowing how to corner properly than running factory settings. Slow in, fast out, front tire shouldn't complain at all. And for the track sure, lower them, they'll heat up and up the pressure too high if you run factory but the street is hardly the track, or shouldn't be.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

My buddy put 42 in front and back on his CBR. is this correct? I told him I think it is a little high but he got advice elsewhere.

·
Registered
605 Posts

huh, I got 30/30 in my manual for K4 750, but insignia on chasis said 36 front 42 rear ?????

·
Registered
1,413 Posts

I know a guys that run 40 and 40... I run 36 in rear, 34 in the front....

·
Registered
814 Posts

wow broad spectrum. guess each of us will just have to spend more time riding to test out each psi setting between 30 and 40 to see what we like

1 - 20 of 23 Posts