Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey people im lookin at a new set of pilot powers. rear is $137 but my issue is with the front tire. the stock size of 120/70 is $108 and i was wondering if it would be ok to run a 120/65 or even 120/60. the 120/60 is only $90 and the 120/65 is $102. How crucial is front tire size considering 60,65,70?? yea im sounding like a cheapskate as thats already a good deal :) what do all the gixxer geniuses here think?

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
those tire sizes are there for a reason, stop being a cheapskate, get what the manufacture puts on there.

and same thing for those wondering about the 190 rear tires :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea thats what i was gonna do. we put a 120/65 on a friends '05 ZX-6R that wanted his original tires again but the seller only had 120/65 instead of 120/70. He has been riding for months now and says he notices no change but i thought id ask the people here. thank you

Anyone know a place for the best deal on pilot powers for our bikes?

·
Registered
603 Posts
really depends how you ride. if you're just a commuter like me most of the time, i don't worry about results from such a change in size (not that i would in the first place). same mindset as me mixing tire brands. for commute where the bike is mostly vertical, it doesn't affect me.

twisties, track riding, racing... well, that's a different story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.