Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the bike dives a lot under braking etc. I weigh 215 and the bike (below) will have a 95 1100 swing arm and solo tail on it soon. I'm also about 5'10 and sit right on the tank. Any recommendations? Also I've never touched the damn adjusters...I've got the factory manual.

------------------
keep it rubber side down....

·
Registered
75 Posts
this may not be much help... before i went to usd front forks i used to bottom out the conventional forks. i weigh under 220lbs @ 6'2"(!). everyone told me there was nothing else to do but to replace the front springs with something stiffer... i forgot the numbers however. damn

ben

------------------
ben :)
http://www.geocities.com/bentang_00/gsxr.html

·
Registered
434 Posts
you need to set the spring preload first then set the compression adjuster but you will probably find the stock springs too soft go to race techs web site and do a valving search and the printout will tell you what to use for front spring rates and what the stock are from there if you want to improve further you sould put in gold valve emulaters.

------------------
86 moded one end to the other

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears the the stock setup is optimized for riders weighing 120lbs! So I'll set them full hard and comtemplate a Gold Valve kit or a newer fork setup. Benjamin, did you have any problems with your fork mod?

------------------
keep it rubber side down....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts