Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions on removing the front sprocket without a Impact wrench? Looking for suggestions.... I just got the 520 conversion and having trouble getting the front sprocket off.

Thanks....
Terry

· Registered
7 Posts
i went -1 in the front sprocket, this was very easy to do. i put the bike in gear before i started tearing off parts, dont loosen the back tire and chain yet, let the chain help you break lose the front sprocket nut....have someone hold down rear brake lever with firm force, while you muscle that big f'in nut off!!!!!!!!!!! that nut has locktite on it so it is gonna be a mutha f***** , but it will come off after a min or two.

· Bearded Viking Admin...
125,522 Posts
i went -1 in the front sprocket, this was very easy to do. i put the bike in gear before i started tearing off parts, dont loosen the back tire and chain yet, let the chain help you break lose the front sprocket nut....have someone hold down rear brake lever with firm force, while you muscle that big f'in nut off!!!!!!!!!!! that nut has locktite on it so it is gonna be a mutha f***** , but it will come off after a min or two.
That plus a 2-2½' water pipe as an extension on your wrench - you can move anything if you have enough leverage

· Registered
333 Posts
yeah leverage is the key! stand back and look at it and youll come up with a way to hook up a wrench and put a pipe (piece of fence fost for me) on itand itll budge! remember to use it when reinstalling also!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.