Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,601 Posts
It probably shouldn't be, but my 2005 has the same issue. I'm using Driven steel front sprocket. Mechanically speaking, something splined like this should almost need a puller to remove. Should be a tight fit.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,832 Posts
Did you loosen the sprocket nut for that video? There shouldn't be any play with it torqued to spec. I note that the speed sensor rotor and its bolt are in place, which suggests that the sprocket nut is tight. +1 on being snug when the nut is loose. Riding without properly tightening the nut could lead to wear on the sprocket and/or output shaft splines, with attendant play.

Perhaps the Driven tooling is out of spec.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to drop a tooth on the front of mine about 6 months ago (changing the gearing for the first time for a track day ) and too found the sprocket nut loose.
speed sensor bolt was tight. I replaced sprocket, applied a little 242 loctite to the output shaft threads, torqued the nut and not seen the issue since.
Bike had 8000 miles ok it at the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to drop a tooth on the front of mine about 6 months ago (changing the gearing for the first time for a track day ) and too found the sprocket nut loose.
speed sensor bolt was tight. I replaced sprocket, applied a little 242 loctite to the output shaft threads, torqued the nut and not seen the issue since.
Bike had 8000 miles ok it at the time.
Forgot to mention it’s an L6 750.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,601 Posts
Doesn't matter if the nut is tight. If the sprocket can move on the splines, it will loosen the nut.

Bill, I actually thought about contacting Driven about it, maybe I should just to see what they say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts