Registered
209 Posts
You don't need one.

Loosen rear axle and chain adjusters.

Pull sprocket cover.

Remove speedo sensor.

Bike in neutral.

Helpful assistant holding rear brake.

Sprocket nut loose with impact wrench (that's why you're in neutral) or breaker bar.

Lift chain and slide sprocket off.

Slide new sprocket on, engage chain.

Reassemble.

KeS

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blakester said:
You don't need no damn stand, just hold that bitch up with one hand and change it with the other..LOL

Hey bro, you will really like the -1, I know I do..:D
I am not a muscle bound freak like you Blake! j/k lol.... But much to your suprise I am switching my bike back to stock. I put the -1 on and didn't like it. I ride mostly freeway so lower RPM's = better gas mileage. But... don't worry it will go back on before I ride the twisties with ya. Talk to ya soon... hopefully I will get some time off soon and make a trip over there. I really want to hit those twisities you were tellin me about.:cheers

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
timyates519 said:
Hmm, anyone know where I can get a -1 front sprocket for the K6 750 at a decent price. Motomummy wont ship to Canada by envelope so i'm not paying $25 USD shipping for a little sprocket. Please advise.

Let me ask this dude I know that has a 600 what he did with his old sprocket. I am sure he will just give it to me if he still has it, only has about 800miles on it. You can just pay for shipping.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
not neccessary, but much smarter then not. a rear stand pays for yourself, i suggest you get one if you plan to own the bike long. its an easy thing to do, and an easy thing to screw up, especially if your also changing a chain.

so be smart about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.