Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need you help.

Motorcycle: GSXR1000 K3

After 10 track days my stock front disc brakes are unbearable ("oval" ware), i believe that, because they start to vibrate a little when braking at high velocity (170mph) on the initial bite then stop vibrating at +/- 124mph.
Now a days, 3 track days later, they vibrate a lot at 170mph and only stops at +/- 95mph. (on speeds under 95mph I don't feel the vibration)

1º question - is this the behavior for a "oval"ware rotor?? (don't know the English technical designation for this issue, ;)

2ª question - to go for new rotors I have two choices;
1 - braking (flower) rotors 300x5mm for 469$
2 - Brembo rotors 300x5,5mm for 632$

does anyone based on experience can give me any feedback one those?? if the more $ really worth it ??

regards

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts
Sounds like they are warped - unless you've crashed, that is usually caused by dragging pads which is in turn caused by dirty pistons. So when you get the new ones, make sure to clean the pistons well too so they don't drag.

FWIW, I've seen the Brakings significantly cheaper than that - at least in the US. I have them, think they were $400-ish.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have replaced my stock rotors with braking ductile iron rotors and they are a nice item. There is ggod bite with my ebc pads and work great at the track with no issues whatsoever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts