Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title reads, I am in the market for some new wheels and realised some wheels/rotors work with other models so I started doing some research on what fits, what rotors are required etc... thought I'd tabulate it, and share it so other could also benefit.

If there is a mistake, please let me know and I'll update the tables.

I've used a table I found floating around by D'Ecosse, other internet research and P/N's.

I have put ? where it needs to be confirmed, or entered and I have colour coded (highlighted) the P/N's that correlate with a P/N on the other table being 1000's on one and 600/750's on the other.

I hope its useful, if someone can clean it up so its not just an attachment feel free.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I've combined them into one page so its easier to see the differences and updated the table so there are no gaps.

If anyone could shed some light onto the differences between the 09-11 and 12-16 rotor differences I'd like to know as they have different part numbers, yet are the same dimensions.

Table amended to reflect correct L2+ rotor thickness, and later model 600/750 axle.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've combined them into one page so its easier to see the differences and updated the table so there are no gaps.

If anyone could shed some light onto the differences between the 09-11 and 12-16 rotor differences I'd like to know as they have different part numbers, yet are the same dimensions.

Found this from Suzuki OEM on the introduction to the 2012 GSX-R1000 model.

Quote from Suzuki OEM direct...

"The monobloc calipers are lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers and give better feedback to the rider. Increased piston diameters mean better braking performance.

Also, Suzuki reduced the disc thickness from 5.5mm to 5.0mm for lightness and adopted a more durable material to ensure undiminished heat resistance. The calipers and discs are 130 grams lighter overall.
"

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this from Suzuki OEM on the introduction to the 2012 GSX-R1000 model.

Quote from Suzuki OEM direct...

"The monobloc calipers are lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers and give better feedback to the rider. Increased piston diameters mean better braking performance.

Also, Suzuki reduced the disc thickness from 5.5mm to 5.0mm for lightness and adopted a more durable material to ensure undiminished heat resistance. The calipers and discs are 130 grams lighter overall.
"
Thank you for pointing that out, I was working with what I thought was a L2-16 specific service manual, turns out its the same k9+ floating around the internet.

The next question is what are the differences between the 600/750 discs compared to the 12-16 1000's?

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
L1-L8 600/750 have smaller diameter axles than 1Ks and earlier 600/750s.
Thanks for that, tables been amended... they still use the same bearing, but on the rear wheel...

so the rotors are still the same bolts, spacing, rivets, thickness why the different part numbers between the 600/750 and 1000s? anyone?

·
Registered
249 Posts
why the different part numbers between the 600/750 and 1000s? anyone?
I am much more familiar with Kawasaki, and have done a lot of comparing between the '00-02 ZX-6R and '05-08 ZZR600 (identical bikes released 3 years apart). The finish (black vs gold, anodized vs paint, etc.) will change the part number, even though they are interchangeable. Just a thought...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts