Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, can some one tell me what year and model front rotors will fit on my bike? Like will front rotors from a 96 750 gixxer fit my bike? Is there a web site with this kind of info on it?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Okay, I think this right, all gsxr 1100 89-up rotors will work, the 750 rotors should work 90-95. Hey Mr. Tris, you going to the bike show, I am going on Sat want to hook up for the show?
have rotor probs? warped or just tired, have you considered a whole front end transplant?
-Karl

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: KJ1 ]</p>

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KJ1, are you saying I can use any year rotors? As long as they are from a 89 to brand new. But on 750’s I can only use 90-95 rotors. I’m hopping to go to the show on Friday straight after work. Saturday is just way to crowed for me. As far as a front end swap. I don’t even now where to start with some thing like that. What years and size will bolt straight in? I like the way my set up is now. I like not having clip-ons. But I wish I had new style forks. My rotors are getting warped and stating to get grooved up.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Well to my knowledge the gixxer 1100 front brakes have been the same since 89 I think when they went to the 17in front wheel, I do know that all 1100 hard parts, ie. brakes, forks etc will be a straight swap for all years, a 91-92 front end would be a straight drop in, provided you have the tripples to go with the forks for that matter all years with the USD forks, etc, on my 92 the clip-ons sat on top of the top tripple, not too low, but now I have this 1000 conversion going on and thats a whole bag of worms... I looked into after maket rotors for mine , but for retail, you could probably pick up almost a whole front end from a gixxer 1100(96 were the heaviest I think so), but you are probably not after a real light weight like me...your bike is very nice looking though

-Karl

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
yeah, you can't use the 96+ 750 rotors.....they're 320mm (vs 310mm), and have zero offset carriers (vs dished carriers).

ebc still makes replacement rotors for these bikes, i believe....if you get them, get the race rotors, they're full floating and fully rebuildable.

·
Registered
354 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KJ1:
Okay, I think this right, all gsxr 1100 89-up rotors will work, the 750 rotors should work 90-95. Hey Mr. Tris, you going to the bike show, I am going on Sat want to hook up for the show?
have rotor probs? warped or just tired, have you considered a whole front end transplant?
-Karl

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: KJ1 ]
<hr></blockquote>hes right a 90-95 750 and 89-98 1100 complete front end should fit they use different company though .the 1100 forks are heavier but hold up longer just my$.02

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
The 'old' stuff was all 310mm with a 3/4" offset, whereas the newer shit is zero offset and 320mm.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
On my 88 7-11 I have a 93 750 front end, 96 1100 6 piston calipers, and 95 750 rotors. The stock rotors from 95-98 1100's seem to work best, just have the surfaces bead blasted to give them a fresh braking surface. I am running -2 lines and EBC greens and love this set-up. I too wish that I could afford one of the aftermarket upgrades.
Doug

G

·
0 Posts
You can use the following rotors on your bike:

* 1989-1998 GSXR 1100 Some are drilled and some are slotted.
* 1988-1995 GSXR 750 Some are drilled and some are slotted.

All of them are the same diameter and offset. The slotted disk are slightly heavier though.

Here is an auction for a set of nearly new Galfer Brake disk. Ebay Auction

1 - 11 of 11 Posts