Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So here's an update for those of you that are curious. I got my suspension in today and that spark plug socket indicates how high the bike was with that bar as suspension. The height you see now is with the stock OEM suspension. I think the PO was lying when he said it had been lowered an inch or so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't know if any of you are terribly interested but I thought I'd update everyone, the rear has a spring on it now, the front has been raised back up to OEM height, and I put an OEM muffler on it. I don't know if you guys saw the muffler before but it looked like a car muffler lol. I found the OEM for $60 from a salvage yard in Pittsburgh and that's what I'm going to keep on it, for now ;). Things I've noticed after the changes, bumps aren't as big an issue anymore, obviously lol, and since I brought the front back up it doesn't feel like I have to fight the bike as much. Oddly enough I feel like it's more responsive with an OEM exhaust but that could be my imagination. Ride safe everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
You are probably 100% right, PO probably put that POS on and didn't retune. It's probably running now as Suzuki intended...and yeah I was interested to see how you made out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have read this thread as I am looking to reset the suspension on my k7 750. The service manual page above is nice
and clear. However, is there a typo on the page below I am attaching for the rear shock? It looks to me that it should say
(3) for the High Compression Side, not (2) as it names the Low Compression Side as (2) if that makes sense? Or am I mistaken?

Any advice people have on the process such as other threads most welcome. I have searched the site but this seems the best thread I have seen so far.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can anyone explain please as to why I cannot post attachments or edit my own posts? I have been able to do so in the past, no idea why not now. It may be that I am overlooking something in which case apologies. I just want to post a page of the service manual to the above.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
11 Participants
thegsl
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing