Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls,

I didn't do a proper intro yet but I do have an issue where I'm in need of some advice.
A few months ago I traded in my '99 SRAD for a K9 750, Which from the started already taught me to change the way I drive with it. But It's an absolute machine! And I love it!

Anyhoe, as to my issue.... For the K9 I can re-use the rear paddock stand but the front I can't re-use, since the lifting point under the top cowling is further away then the SRAD.
So I bought adaptor pins for the paddock stand, so I could lift the front forks from the hole underneath but this seems flimsy in my opinion.

I hope I made it a bit clear, if not, that's probably my bad haha!
Does anyone have experience with the K8,K9 & L0 with regards to raise the front end of the bike?

All help is much appreciated!

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
A lot changed between 99 and 09... which, by engineering standards, is today.

I would recommend simply just buying a new Pitbull front stand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip! Can't find the pitbull brand in the Netherlands though... but they do seem sturdy!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,574 Posts
Pitbull is the standard by which others, and there are many, are measured. I have DMP front and rear stands. At one point they made an aluminum front stand. But I think it was discontinued because it tended to collapse under the bike's weight. That's the sort of thing to watch out for. Another thing is the number and size of wheels. Four wheels or larger diameter wheels roll easier on irregular surfaces. Woodcraft stands out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
BillV
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing