Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok y'all!

Im redoing the front fork springs on my 05 GSXR 750 and see if anyone here has recommendations. I'm a bigger rider 6'3 250lbs and I need a stiffer front end. Swapping out the springs is a must. Just want to see what people have recommendation wise here.

Thanks,
Nico

·
Registered
545 Posts
Im 6'0 at 165 and YES' the 750 needs to be resprung - front and rear - its way to soft n spongy....
I did springs only - race tec - have to check my log for what spring rate)

I also have a penske triple on the rear. I raised the rear 5mm and dropped the front 3mm,
first to compensate for the new springs) then 3mm more b/c I wanted it to turn in better, and I am now running the new dunlop 209 gp-a's - 190/60, which brings the back up another 2.5mm the bike handles so good, it's so fun in the turns, like on rails... and sticks like glue...

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Ok y'all!

Im redoing the front fork springs on my 05 GSXR 750 and see if anyone here has recommendations. I'm a bigger rider 6'3 250lbs and I need a stiffer front end. Swapping out the springs is a must. Just want to see what people have recommendation wise here.

Thanks,
Nico
The stock spring rate is .85km/mm Race tech says you should use .95km/mm
Get good fork oil 2.5wt is fine, fill it to stock specs. remember bleed thoroughly. If it's still a little soft add a touch more oil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.