Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok y'all!

Im redoing the front fork springs on my 05 GSXR 750 and see if anyone here has recommendations. I'm a bigger rider 6'3 250lbs and I need a stiffer front end. Swapping out the springs is a must. Just want to see what people have recommendation wise here. Ohlins, Race Tech? I also prefer to use springs that are a straight swap so I can do the work. Also, is anyone aware of whether the rear spring can handle my weight or if I need a stiffer spring? This bike is being run on the street and track.

Thanks,
Nico

·
Registered
580 Posts
I would say that you are going to need to revalve & respring front & rear-in stock form the bikes are usually set up for someone around 160 lbs.I had to redo both ends for serious track duty & i'am only 145lbs w/gear.A visit to your local track suspension guy should get you in the right direction

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok y'all!

Im redoing the front fork springs on my 05 GSXR 750 and see if anyone here has recommendations. I'm a bigger rider 6'3 250lbs and I need a stiffer front end. Swapping out the springs is a must. Just want to see what people have recommendation wise here. Ohlins, Race Tech? I also prefer to use springs that are a straight swap so I can do the work. Also, is anyone aware of whether the rear spring can handle my weight or if I need a stiffer spring? This bike is being run on the street and track.

Thanks,
Nico
I can supply you with frok springs and spacers that will drop in. You will need a fork spring compressor which I can also get you. For a shock spring I would get you a Hyperco ( the same spring used on Penske shocks) and the install does not require any special tools.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I would say using Traxxion but I personally have RaceTech stuff in my GSXR 600 that doubled as my track junkie bike. My R6 track/race bike will be getting the Traxxion stuff. I weigh 145 without gear and have .95 springs in my set up for expert level racing...I couldn't imagine what your springs will be. GMD does great work too I hear and from what I've seen on the WERA/CCS/CRMA bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts