Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm replacing the front fork seals on a friends bike, so i'm about to order some parts
but according to the official suzuki parts numbers, there is different seals from 96 to 97
The owner is not sure what year the bike is, 96 or 97, the VIN for the bike is a European vin
GN72B120753 I haven't been able to find any useful information on the net about where in the vin the year
is supposed to be, only for the US bikes VIN's

So if anyone knows how I can tell what year the bike is, from the vin that would be great.
Or if the seals are just the same, many ebay auctions says the seals are the same from 1988-2001

forgot to mention it's a Suzuki GSX600F model
Regards, Morten

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,701 Posts
Take a look here and here (near the bottom). Note, those are frame numbers, not VINs. I didn't bother looking very closely but it seemed to suggest that yours is a '93.

Jarmo's in Sweden.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
You've probably sorted this now Morten. The same seals are used on forks with the same size stanchions, Often even when forks go from rwu to usd, if the diameter is the same the trusted seal will fit both. VIN is the frame number as you said !

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep it's all sorted, I found some on ebay from a company called pyramidparts https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232859845550, it kind of fitted, the top bushing was too big and the dust seal outer diameter was a bit smaller than oem, but it still fit you can just see a bit more of the fork leg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts