Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 600 with USD forks (from an '02 1k), and the gold TiNi coating on the fork tubes/sliders is wearing off. From what I understand this was a problem with the '01/'02 models and Suzuki, back in the day, was repairing the the affected forks under warranty. I have looked into aftermarket tubes/sliders but the ones with TiNi coating are quite expensive. So, I was wondering if I can use the chrome fork tubes from a 750 or if there are other fixes out there? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. Yes, did a search but most posts are pretty old and not sure what, if anything, has changed over the years.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
I have an '02 600 with USD forks (from an '02 1k), and the gold TiNi coating on the fork tubes/sliders is wearing off. From what I understand this was a problem with the '01/'02 models and Suzuki, back in the day, was repairing the the affected forks under warranty. I have looked into aftermarket tubes/sliders but the ones with TiNi coating are quite expensive. So, I was wondering if I can use the chrome fork tubes from a 750 or if there are other fixes out there? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. Yes, did a search but most posts are pretty old and not sure what, if anything, has changed over the years.
Depending on how much you want to spend, you could just swap out the whole front end for a newer gen set of forks. You'll get the added benefit of having radial mount calipers up there as well. You can generally find completely front end setups used on eBay for a couple hundred dollars.

https://www.gixxer.com/forums/22-mods-how-tos/616938-gsxr-1000-k2-forks-swap.html

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Jerry V
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing