Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever have their front faring melt or warp around the headlight?

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hard to see it in a pic
This one is kinda noticable
You can see how the fairing sticks out away from the light assembly right next to the light right about where the reflection of the light from above is.

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's funny... if it "melted" you would know
that's just engineering tolerances at it's finest.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't call it melting.
It's kinda warped a little
I thought maybe direct sunlight for extended periods of time but that makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I must be a bit of a newb or something. My windscreen is a double bubble, but it is black and NOT translucent or transparent at all. Kind of like trying to look through a wall. I am not understanding how that could be the cause. I could see it happening if it was even slightly transparent.

Still confused....

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Above my gauges melted a little bit too. I have a clear PUIG double bubble. The thing had a warning sticker on it that said do not leave the windshield exposed in direct sunlight for periods of time or else the convex shape of the windscreen can have a magnification effect that can melt your plastics. So yes ash, it most likely was caused by the double bubble (in my case). Heed the warnings. Even if you have a black one like you say (you sure it's not dark smoke?) I imagine it could still happen. Later,

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
uh wtf. caused by a double bubble?? i think not.. ive got a double bubble on since day one n theres been no melting whatsoever.

whoever is worrying can stop. haha. napoleon/idiots!!/end napoleon
hey retard, stop giving out wrong information, there is a sticker that comes with the windscreens telling you that it may melt the plastic

[napoleon]FUCKING IDIOTS THAT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT[/napoleon]

jimmy
ash

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.