Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey is this normal for the front end to shake a bit running at over 120-150mph. is it just speed wobble. is there something serious wrong here.? 100-under it does'nt do it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Put the bike on a stand so you can roll the front wheel freely. And look for the taco.
Or you can just follow the lip where the rim meets the tire. And you will feel it go off.

It could either be bent or the weights could be missing or not in the correct position.
I would take the rim off have the weights removed and have the rim rebalanced.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT SHit shook the front so hard the fender fell of the bike luckly i was not speeding
there are no wheights on the rims

·
Premium Member
4,572 Posts
i agree with the advice given. also, check to see if there is any bearing play when you have the front elevated. there should NOT be any play/movement. if your front tire has irregular wear or is old, that could also cause it to shake. if it's old, you might be better off replacing it. especially if you are going to ride at those speeds. be safe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
do you have a steering damper? thats a pretty violent shake to lose the fender. my bike used to shake badly at speed, turns out one of the damping rods in the fork was bent! replaced everything (rod, bearings,etc) got a damper, hasnt shaked since. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.