Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly hello to everybody as this is my first of probably many queries.I am about to rebuild the forks on my gsxr1100j(87)and want to know of any cheap mods to improve them and any other relevant info that can be handy.I have to rechrome the inners as the chrome is worn through on one leg, also is there any way to check if the neas units are working properly (although I've heard they don't do to much!)Any help would be gratefully accepted thanx.

·
Registered
144 Posts
before i would go to all that trouble i would just do a frontend swap. better all the way around. and it is and swap. just completed on e on my 86 11. good luck.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Oldskool is right...though you might be hard pressed to find front ends at the breakers on your tiny little island
seriously, all the front ends are interchangable for the gixxer 750's that are 85-95's, 600's from the early 90's (I'm fuzzy on the years they were produced), and all the 1100's.

By front end I mean the total assembly from the steering bearings to the tire...If you go with an Up-Side-Down (USD) set from a 92-95 750/600 you'll be very happy. A set from an 1100 will have slightly larger diameter fork tubes and will be stiffer.

As an Aussie you might want to send a Personal Message (PM) to Zameil (he's located on the Gold Coast www.zameil.8k.com ) for help locating items for your ride. He's a good sod.

Welcome to gixxer.com by the way

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by GSXR1255JIMMY:
Originally posted by karl_1052:
[QB]

i need forkes like thoes
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">get the 1100 forks. they are silver coloured, but have more adjustability(750s forks are too soft), and more travel/ground clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts