Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a front end from an 06-07 600/750 with the black forks to swap onto my 02 SV650. Don't worry, it works, I just need to know how much you guys think the front end is worth? Specifically the forks? I don't want to overspend, but I don't want to be that lowballer. Anyone got any numbers for me?

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
the sradiator might be able to help

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Lets go racing!
7,568 Posts
checkout the wera classifieds, forums.13x.com, i'm gonna have to say around $300 for front end w/o wheel

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EDIT: PLAN CHANGE --- I just need the forks... What's a good price for just a set of forks? There's a guy on craigslist asking $325... I think I'll offer him $200...

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
I have seen forks sell for about 125 a piece. Just make sure they are straight!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
typically around $300 with tripple. $200 is lowballing but you never know what people may sell at when they are broke.

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
typically around $300 with tripple. $200 is lowballing but you never know what people may sell at when they are broke.
No triples. I already ordered SRAD triples for $56 shipped and I have the 0.5mm shims for the bottom triple (the fork is 53mm and the bottom triple is 54mm, so you need 0.5mm all around to make it tight) I also got brake calipers with pads and lines for $40 shipped. So for just the two forks, do you think $170-200 is fair?

·
Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance and
5,533 Posts
I don't know where to get a gixxer front end but I have ridden my friends SV with the gixxer fork swap and it corners great. You will be happy with the results.

FYI the 750 had the black forks and the 600 had the silver/gold ones. So don't get 600 forks if you want the black ones.

·
Blithering Idiot
2,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know where to get a gixxer front end but I have ridden my friends SV with the gixxer fork swap and it corners great. You will be happy with the results.

FYI the 750 had the black forks and the 600 had the silver/gold ones. So don't get 600 forks if you want the black ones.
I rode one with the swap and it rode like a dream! :drool I had to do it. The guy selling his for $325 said he would drop to $225 if I picked them up next thursday. I think I'll call him next wednesday and tell him I'll be there the next day with $200 and see what he says.

The list of parts I need are as follows... If it has a price next to it, I already bought it and that's what I paid:

96-99 SRAD Upper Triple: $22.98
96-99 SRAD Lower Triple: $33.73
06/07 GSXR 750 Forks (black)
Woodcraft 50mm Clipons
06/07 GSXR 750 Calipers: $40
96-99 SRAD Rotors
06/07 GSXR Front Fender
96-99 SRAD Axel/Wheel
.5mm Shims for lower triple
5mm Spacers for Calipers

I'm going to send the Triples off for powder coat when I send the frame/swingarm/wheels/etc

IF ANYONE HAS ANY OF THESE PARTS THAT DO NOT HAVE PRICES NEXT TO THEM, PM ME :thumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts