Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 gixxer 750 that I recently purchased with over 11K. Then front brake has to be pulled about an inch from the grip for the bike to brake hard. I can't get any burnouts going and forget about stoppies. I took the bike to a suzuki dealer and he said the brakes were norman. Does anyone else have this problem? Also, the lever is set on 1.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
They don't sound super bad but just bleed the brakes and make sure your pads are in good condition. For better stopping power I have had excelent luck with the EBC 'HH' pads

-Spooner

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had them bled and they still suck. I am gonna go with the ebc pads. How much should the job cost? I don't want to get screwed my the mechanic.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
did you adjust the brake lever knob right at the lever push handle out then change the number see if that helps

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by audi1031:
did you adjust the brake lever knob right at the lever push handle out then change the number see if that helps
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree with Audi, what position is the front brake lever set? Setting "2" is how it's set delivered from the factory. Also, you may want to check and/or replace your brake lines if none of the simple things we've mentioned work.

Outlaw

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well there are a few things you need to do...

1) use Motul RBF600 brake fuild
2) replace the lines with SS lines. At 4 years the stocker need to be replaced, they get to soft.
3) get EBC HH pads...

After that you will stop so fast you wont know what to do with it..

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts