Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up this is ma furst post so let me just say whats up to every body and ride safe. my problem is that i left my disc lock on the rotor and took off at a slow speed( letting the clutch go kinda take off) and the bike jerked then stalled i turn it on and my front brake lever is off by alot. it feels like my cable stretched. what might i have done that messed up the brake, im pretty sure i hit the caliper wit the lock. thanx in advance

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Go take your bike to a shop dont risk your life with damaged brakes.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Cable? The brakes are hydraulic... Seems like you warped the disk, pushing the pistons back in at the same time. The pistons are not a problem, they'll come back out when you pump the lever some times. The warped disk is, though. If you haven't worked on bikes yourself before, have a shop do it, as Ibidu said.

And a tip for next time. put a zip tie around your disk lock. When you put the lock on, put the zip tie in the ignition lock. That'll remind you to remove the lock when you come back

·
Registered
637 Posts
had a buddy do the same thing, but he went off fast, by the time it went around, it locked and did a pretty good stoppie, BTW he had to replace the rotors, so he got some EBC PRO-LITE rotors, which are cheaper and lighter than stock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts