Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
i have brand new (700milles)gsxr1000 k4 and when i brake to full stop, soft or hard ,at the end before the bike fully stops at about 2 -3 milles at hour the front starts vibrating till full stop.
When i look down to lower part of front fork and brake i can see how the fork is vibrating.
Did enyone have the same expirience.I checked the front fork adjust,tyre,brake pads,discs and everything looks ok.
Thanks everybody!
Tomax

·
Registered
103 Posts
its a common problem. i have it on my k3 1000, had it on k4 750 and on zx636. all bikes have radial calipers. bike dealers don't recognise the problem and i have not found a cure yet. i tried putting 320mm waveys on k3 ,seems to have made it worse.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I had the same vibratiion on my '04 when coming to a stop, the last few mph. Did not have this at all on the '03. I attributed the vibration to pad warp.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
having the same problem on a 1000 K4, I'm about to change the stock tyres maybe this will help, will let you know...

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have the same problem. At first I thought the steering head bearings were not torqued up right. Checked them and they were alright. When I do about 2 mph and brake very slightly I can notice intermittend braking. It feels like one of the brake discs is slightly thicker in one part of the disc. The problem is greatly reduced when the brakes are hot.
If somebody has a cure for this, please let me know. Thanks God the MOT inspectors haven't failed my bike for that. It's always a worry when it comes to inspection time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

I (they) solve the problem with new front brake discs.At first they say it's not a problem, that's because of radial brakes but i didn't stop there.I contacted with suzuki japan and after 2 months they call me to do the change.Now the brakes are perfect-no vibrations.A lot of suzuki gsx r 1000k4 have this problem ,but they however try not to do enything!!

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Hi, I changed tyres (BT012ss) and I don't feel the vibrations, could be that I've got used to it...
Won't try to get the discs replaced as I'm in Italy and dealers are really not helpfull at all....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts