Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I have a gsxr 1000k1 and have just bought a brembo rcs corsa corta front brake master cylinder and was wondering if anyone knows if the k5 k6 front lines will fit as they have a radial master cylinder and the lines mount to the bottom as on the rcs but my standard k1 mount on the side so I need lines with the 90掳 banjo's just wondering if the lengths are the same. I will be ordering goodridge braided lines race setup. Thanks 馃憤

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
On my K6 I switched to a 19RCS with the OEM lines and later to Galfer GP lines. Everything fit. I note that Galfer lists K1/K2, K3/K4, and K5/K8 separately while Goodridge lists K1/K2, K3/K4, K5/K6 and K7/K8 separately. There are differences in calipers and MCs but I don't know what the difference is between K5/K6 and K7/K8 unless the cowling is somehow involved. On yours I'd be most concerned about differences in the caliper hose attaching points.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
On my K6 I switched to a 19RCS with the OEM lines and later to Galfer GP lines. Everything fit. I note that Galfer lists K1/K2, K3/K4, and K5/K8 separately while Goodridge lists K1/K2, K3/K4, K5/K6 and K7/K8 separately. There are differences in calipers and MCs but I don't know what the difference is between K5/K6 and K7/K8 unless the cowling is somehow involved. On yours I'd be most concerned about differences in the caliper mounting points.
I used to have a k5 I just studied the pics the end that mounts to the caliper looks the same it was the lengths I'm unsure of here's a pic of my k1 front caliper.馃憤

You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
The side pics of K1 & K5 here suggest that the K1 caliper hose attaching point is 2-3 cm higher, and therefore shorter. It's really impossible to tell but I'd guess that the bottom mount MC and K5/K6 lines will be longer than optimum. But I have no idea if it will matter. It's possible that Galfer, Spiegler, Goodridge, etc. knows what's needed as this has to have been done many times before.

As I recall the MC recall involved replacing the lines on K5/K6. However the 59480-29G00 hose was used on other models so it may still be possible to locate one for the purpose of checking if the length is OK for your application.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts