Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my front rim off yesterday so that I could replace the tire. So i reassemble everything and get ready to ride...but it seems like something is missing from the front. There is no wobble in the wheel and everything seems solid, however there is a 1/2" gap between the wheel and the forks that I don't remember being there before? Also I can see the rubber O-ring on the wheel...am I imagining things or should there be an external spacer there (covering that rubber O-ring) that the left and right axle pieces slide THRU?

I have the service manual and it shows a wheel spacer, but I can't determine if the spacer is INSIDE the wheel hub or if the spacer is outside the hub and the axle pieces needle thru it?

I wouldn't put it past the dealership tire guy to give me back my rim w/ the spacers missing. I've heard of them doing worse.

·
Banned
564 Posts
There is no spacer. the axle nut (spacer)and the axle retains the presure on the bearings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.