Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got news from the dealer in Seoul Korea that they only import US models this year. They say it will have mph on the speedo and not km/h. As we speak the dealer has just come back to me and told me that I can alter this on the speedo.

I know it is early days, but are there anyone that could verify this for me?

jeffw or anyone?

I said urgent in the subject cause they only have two bikes left and one is the Blue/white I want

·
Chubby Chaser
57,837 Posts
The speedo is digital. I thought you could always change it between kilometers and mph???

·
Registered
654 Posts
I don't have any experience with this company, but I found them online. It looks like they specialize in kph to mph or mph to kph conversions for motorcycle speedometers. You may want to call or email them for details- it looks like they are in Norfolk, England.

http://www.m.tsang.dial.pipex.com/motorcycles.htm

I hope this is of some use. If they do it, someone else probably does too

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, so I'm getting the US version (E-03) K5 on thursday.

Can anyone of you US owners confirm that it is possible to change from mph to km/h on the speedo just by pushing the buttons in specified manner?

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts

Can anyone of you US owners confirm that it is possible to change from mph to km/h on the speedo just by pushing the buttons in specified manner?
Hey Bro!

Yes..... you can change the Odometer Miles/Kilometers and the Speedometer MPH/ KPH .....

Easy to do on the K5..... Turn key on and push the SEL (bottom) button until the odometer (ODO) is showing then release...... next push and hold ADJ (top) button for 2 seconds. Both the Odometer and Speedometer will change..... Good to go my brother......

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
With my 03 you could just switch it-don't know why the 05 would be any different
Hey LRG how do you switch it on the 03. I was looking for it on mine and i cant figure it out. As far as i was concerned it couldnt be done, dont know if it makes a difference if I bought mine in Canada or not???

·
Registered
338 Posts
MPH to Km/H for the K3:
Click on your SEL button until you are displaying the screen with the ODO on the corner.. Hold down the SEL button, then hold down the ADJ button.. After a couple of seconds, your indicators will change over and convert all the numbers on your speedo.. Do the same to change it back.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hey Bro!

Yes..... you can change the Odometer Miles/Kilometers and the Speedometer MPH/ KPH .....

Easy to do on the K5..... Turn key on and push the SEL (bottom) button until the odometer (ODO) is showing then release...... next push and hold ADJ (top) button for 2 seconds. Both the Odometer and Speedometer will change..... Good to go my brother......

That's fucking great shockingly

Already saved and ready to implement tomorrow.

It is great to have people like you giving us great info complimented with awasome pics.

This is what this site should be about, and not all this ridicolous treads about ugly R1's and CAPSLOCK guys

·
Registered
49 Posts
this dosen,t work on the europeap model is there any other way of switching from kph to mph is there a swith or something inside the spedo ? does anybody know

·
Registered
285 Posts
I had bought a Canadian model could not be switch from KM- MPH. I just bought a new MPH speedo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts