Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey hey hey Guys,

new to the forum from Dubai, UAE, will be moving to CANADA - mississuga shortly by summertime. i ride a GSXR-750 and successfully completed my CALIFORNIA SUPERBIKE SCHOOL LEVEL -1 and already registered for LEVEL-2 for Feb 25th. few questions, i had, if you guys can sort me out.

* shall i import my bike from dubai to canada, or bikes cheaper there? i paid CAD 9200 for the K7 gixxer last year?
* do u have California superbike school there?
* is there a track close by for TRACK DAYS &NITES? we got both of them in Dubai?
* which months do u guys ride? i have feeling its the oppsite to us in Dubai?

would appreciate your help

thnkx
cheers
Zulf

·
Registered
183 Posts
$9200 for an K7 750 seems a bit high here. Plus you'll have to get it inspected, saftied and registered so it may be a wash. IMO, if you can sell your bike easily where you are, I'd do that and buy a new one here. I had bought my K9 750 for less than $11K OTD last Summer.

Not sure if Cali Superbike School has a Canadian outlet (I doubt it) but we do have Turn 2 at Calabogie Mosports Park, probably about a 4 to 5 hour drive from the GTA....but well worth it IMO.

Riding season here is usually from mid April to early November in most of the country. West coast is longer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply, i was begining to think, sheesh no reply wat a start hahaha...

i reckon i will sell the bike here in Dubai and pick a new one from CANADA.. i also read in the other post abt FAST RACING SCHOOL. are they the same as CALI SUPERBIKE SCHOOL???

cheers

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Your best bet is to sell it. Buy another after the move. Their are some import restrictions re emissions/ smog equipment that may be difficult to get around if you plan on registering it for street use. The only out for importing may be if you are in the military..

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Welcome. As the others mentioned I would sell then buy here. As for tracks, you have Mosport, Shannonville, Calabogie and I believe there is another one around the Toronto area. May want to check out http://www.cherrypickerracing.com it's a popular site for Canadian road racing and track riding. Welcome again and don't forget to pack a parka.:lmao

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thnkx fun2fly,

Guys bike sold, and getting geared up to be in Mississauga by mid May..

man than ben ELBOW Spies is causing so serious damage on the WSB?? wat is he ON, coz i want it oo...

·
Addicted to Track
1,473 Posts
hey thanks for the reply, i was begining to think, sheesh no reply wat a start hahaha...

i reckon i will sell the bike here in Dubai and pick a new one from CANADA.. i also read in the other post abt FAST RACING SCHOOL. are they the same as CALI SUPERBIKE SCHOOL???

cheers
Never done Cali Superbike ....but I have done FAST a few times. Its taught by Micheal Mercier a former Canadian Superbike Champion. It was fun.

Some of the local forums you will have when you move to Ontario are

Ontario Sport Riders www.osrclub.com
GTA motorcycles
Cherrypickers

You can also take your bike to TMP (Toronto Motorsports Park) its local and there are people there who run track instruction (Guys with Bikes I am told will be there again this year) It will be the closest track to you I believe ... or at least the most accessable as Mosport only offers a few track days for bikes every year and they are more expensive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
zulfdawulf
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing