Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,
I'm Pierre, 28y/o. I'm French but I've been living in Spain for the past 4 years. I'm working as an engineer for a big european aircraft manufacturer.
I am not a native english speaker (sorry if I write it wrong sometimes) but I've decided to join this forum anyway since I've been reading already for some years very interesting and technical threads about GSXR and motorcycles in general.
I love understanding how things work (cars, motorbikes, computers and other stuffs) and repair them.

Since I got my motorcycle licence in 2010, I've owned:
*01' Yamaha XJN600 diversion
*06' Kawasaki Z570
*04' Suzuki GSX-R750
*03' Suzuki GSX-R600 (My Current Ride)

Currently having some troubles driving me crazy with an aftermarket gear indicator so I'll try to post in the dedicated section :D
Wish you all the best!!

Some pics of my little "gex" (thats how we call them in France):

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind words.

As I was saying my current ride is a 03' GSX-R600. I'll try to post some pics as soon as I have the privileges unlocked.
I bought it 3 years ago with 50 000km for 2k€ (2.2k$)
Now it has 68 000km. So far it never let me down except once when the stator stopped charging the battery. I had the stator rebuilt and it was running again.
Hope to have it reach the 100 000 km one day ;)

·
That’s Mister Moderator Chalet To You ....
7,856 Posts
Hey that's two new frenchies in one day and both posted intro threads! Qu'est-ce qui ce passe aujourd'hui?

Bienvenue mon ami :cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the kind words.

As I was saying my current ride is a 03' GSX-R600. I'll try to post some pics as soon as I have the privileges unlocked.
I bought it 3 years ago with 50 000km for 2k€ (2.2k$)
Now it has 68 000km. So far it never let me down except once when the stator stopped charging the battery. I had the stator rebuilt and it was running again.
Hope to have it reach the 100 000 km one day ;)
Bienvenue Pierre! I just join as well the forum and copy your thread starter name. I am based in Madrid, what about you?

Have safe ride.

Bien a toi.
V’s

Olivier

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody for the welcome

Salut @Olive, I'm based in Cadiz, unfortunately I'm moving back to France (Provence) in a few weeks (changing job...).
Were you in Cadiz for the GP? Things got a bit wild down here :p

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just would like to preserve my gearbox by stopping looking for the 7th gear or getting into neutral when approaching a roundabout :grin2:
I don't want to be funny but You have that little green light telling You about the neutral :)

·
That’s Mister Moderator Chalet To You ....
7,856 Posts
Unless you're riding full-snot on the track, you can usually tell what gear you're in by glancing at your tach / speedo.

·
Administrator
13,657 Posts
I just would like to preserve my gearbox by stopping looking for the 7th gear or getting into neutral when approaching a roundabout :grin2:
Why would you be in neutral ?!

That’s a fine way of getting runover ... as a rider you should be ready to ride away from a potential hazard AT ALL TIMES :wacko

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm not sure I have ever seen a bike with a gear indicator. I have never owned a car that would indicate anything other than Drive, Reverse, Neutral, etc. either.
The green 'Neutral' light is all I've needed on the bike before. :smile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been riding gixxers without gear indicators for 5 years or so, I know it's perfectly doable but it is just a nice additional equipment that I like to have (most bikes come standard with it nowaday)

The thing I was saying about roundabout (we have a lot of them in Europe instead of traffic lights ;) ), is that when riding in a rush, I want to be sure to get in 2nd before leaning the bike and I don't have the time to glance at the rev indicator and speedo and do scientist calculations =)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just got a bike with a gear indicator first one ever. Wat gear your in and neutral will become second nature before u need too look at a gear indicator, you can practice counting in your head I guess but the feell of your bike hitting the gas or braking/down shifting should be enuff to tell u if ur in the rite gear.I don’t use it, the time it takes to look down at it anything could happen.my biggest issue once in a while I will still not fully engage 2nd from first or 3rd around a turn or shifting fast and it will pop out of gear I’ve done it on almost every bike/quad I ever owned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts